SIGNS OF BED BUGS –
- Rust colored stain dots on sheets
- Fecal droppings or egg shells
- Raised red welts that burn or itch on body
SUGGESTED TREATMENT FOR BED BUGS –
Get a mattress cover that seals up the mattress or throw the mattress & box springs out. Use air mattress until the bugs gone if you want to.
Throw all clothing, bed linens, pillows, stuffed animals, etc. into washer with hot water, and then in dryer for ~ 2 hours – heat will kill bed bugs.
Along every seam, crack & crevice in affected room(s): (Ex. mattress seams, along baseboards where floor meets wall, behind headboard, behind pictures near bed, along window trim, door trim, etc. – anywhere where someone sleeps (including couch & recliners):
- Vacuum & then seal up contents of vacuum & get the contents out of the house each time.
- Get clothes steamer and steam.
- Get some bed bug spray or use ½ alcohol – 1/2 water solution (instant kill) & spray. Put jar lids under legs that hold up bed frame with Vaseline in the lids.
Be consistent. Treat & re-treat until the bugs are gone.